Monday, February 27, 2006

RoboHelp and IIS 6.0

Ok, so for some reason, flash wasn't working on my Windows Server 2003 running IIS 6.0. This impacted me since I wanted to run RoboHelp Flash. After a lot of tinkering and searching, turns out that IIS wouldn't allow the flashhelp_default.fhs file to run because IIS wouldn't allow the MIME type of fhs to run.This is a simple fix. Go into the properties of the web server and add in the mime type of fhs with a desscription of text/xml. Voila!! life is happy again.

I hope this helps someone else in this same boat.

Alan

7 comments:

lokesh said...

Yes it is helped lot, unforutnately i got this URL after 6-7 hours of effort.

anyway real useful one. Thanks a lot

Lokesh said...

Yes it is helped lot, unforutnately i got this URL after 6-7 hours of effort.

anyway real useful one. Thanks a lot

Anonymous said...

thanx man!!!!!!!, saved a lot of trouble

Anonymous said...

Saved my bacon. I am glad this post is still out there. :)

Brian Spolarich said...

Bless you. This is a wierd issue. Does that mean that IIS returns a 404 Not Found for any file extension that it doesn't have registered as a MIME type?

Alan Churchill said...

That's what I have found.

Kumar said...

Hi..Alan,

Thank you very much, it helped a lot, I spent almost one day to solve this.
Kumar

Cisco Information Server (CIS) and MS OLAP

Ok, so my recent issue was integrating CIS with Microsoft OLAP cubes. The normal way to do this is to set up MS OLAP (SSAS) with a website a...